effective July 2017
Cordoba Music Group (“CMG”) warrants Córdoba guitars to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for three (3) years from the original purchase date, except that pickups, switches, jacks, controls, all other electronic components, tuning machines, hardware, pickguards, plated surfaces, cases and case hardware are warranted for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase. Córdoba ukuleles and “Protégé by Córdoba” instruments are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for one (1) year from the date of original purchase. This warranty applies only to the original retail purchaser when this instrument is purchased as new from an Authorized Cordoba Dealer and is subject to the limitations set forth herein.*
This warranty is extended to the original retail purchaser only and may not be transferred or assigned to subsequent owners. Your proof of purchase or sales receipt must accompany all requests for warranty coverage. Please contact us for all warranty issues inside the United States of America, Puerto Rico and/or Canada. Warranties for Córdoba instruments purchased or permanently relocated outside of the United States of America, Canada and/or Puerto Rico, if any, will be directed to an authorized distributor or dealer importing Córdoba instruments into their respective territories.
Warranty Does Not Cover:
- Fret wear, saddle wear, nut wear, strings and batteries.
- Setups, adjustments or routine maintenance of any kind.
- Damage to finishes or cracks, splitting, or warpage of wood due to changes in temperature or humidity, exposure to or contact with sun, fire, moisture, perspiration, body salts and acids, guitar straps, guitar stands/hangers made from vinyl, plastic, rubber or other synthetic materials, any other chemicals or non-CMG-approved polishes.
- Damage, corrosion or rusting of any hardware components caused by humidity, salty air, or exposure to the moisture, body salts and acids of perspiration.
- Any damage to an instrument resulting from customization or modification.
- Normal wear and tear on any part of the instrument or case including jacks, controls, switches, plated surfaces, tuning machines, pickguards, handles, latches, case hardware etc.
- All other damage and deterioration due to normal usage, wear and tear, aging, accidents, neglect, abuse, or Acts of Nature.
- Any instrument, whose serial number is missing, altered or tampered with in any fashion.
- Any instrument purchased from anyone other than an Authorized Cordoba® Dealer.
- Instruments that have been serviced by unauthorized persons (any person other than a CMG Certified Technician at an Authorized CMG Service Center). Córdoba makes no other express warranty of any kind whatsoever. All implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, exceeding the specific provisions of this warranty are hereby disclaimed and excluded from this warranty. Córdoba shall not be liable for any special, indirect consequential, incidental or other similar damage suffered by the purchaser or any third party, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits or business or damages resulting from use or performance of the instrument, whether in contract or in tort, even if Córdoba or its authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages, and Córdoba shall not be liable for any expenses, claims or suits arising out of or relating to any of the foregoing.
To obtain warranty assistance, the instrument must be taken to an authorized dealer with a copy of the sales receipt to obtain a Returns Authorization prior to return to the manufacturer. All shipping and insurance, including any perceived “collector” value, are the sole responsibility of the original purchaser.
Upon arrival at the Córdoba facility, a determination will be made whether the defect is covered under the terms of the warranty. If the repair is covered under the terms of the warranty, it will be repaired at no cost to the original purchaser including return shipping. If the repair is not covered under warranty, an estimate of the cost of the repair to the original purchaser will be given.