Our parent company, Cordoba Music Group, has an opening in its guitar factory located in Oxnard, CA! We are seeking a key individual to assist in our finishing/paint area. This position will assist with sanding, grain filling, inspecting and painting guitar finishes. This position requires precise attention to detail and proficient hand-to-eye coordination & dexterity. Knowledge in the finishing process of clear coat materials is in preferred. Experience in color matching and repairs of defects in color/woods would be very helpful.
The Context of the Position:
Sprays guitar bodies & necks in the paint department in a manner that allows for the highest first time pass through the buffing and polishing process. This includes the grain-fill process, level sanding and color touch up and repairs. This is performed through careful follow-through, technique, application, precise hand/eye coordination and inspection of the product.
- Ability to detect defects & flaws in unfinished wood
- Must be detail-oriented and focused
- Have knowledge in the proper use of hand tools
- Ability to use hand/power tools in a safe manner in which they were intended
- Timeliness and ready to work at prescribed times & intervals
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to perform basic mathematics (high school level or equivalent)
Please send resume to [email protected] with “Finish Technician” followed by your name as the subject. No phone calls please.