Cordoba Music Group is a leading manufacturer and distributor of acoustic and electric guitars, ukuleles, basses, and musical instrument accessories. Some of CMG’s brands include Cordoba Guitars, Guild Guitars, DeArmond, and HumiCase, which are internationally distributed and played by a wide range of musicians. Cordoba is the largest supplier of nylon string guitars and ukuleles in U.S. retail chains, online retailers, and independent dealers across the USA. Guild is an iconic brand of acoustic and electric guitar instruments with roots going back to the early ’50s. Other CMG brands include Savarez, and Aquila, of which CMG is the largest importer and U.S. distributor. The company’s main campus is in Oxnard, CA where distribution and manufacturing facilities are based. CMG also has offices and distribution facilities in Santa Monica, CA, Europe, and China.
Cordoba is seeking a talented and energetic individual to fill the position of Operations Analyst. This individual will work with top executives of the company to optimize areas of the business during a period of rapid growth and expansion. Focusing on Supply Chain, Production Scheduling, and Sales analysis, the Operations Analyst will be a key member of the team that shapes future strategy. If you are looking to solve problems and blaze trails in the musical instrument business, we would love to talk to you.
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
The Accounts Receivable Specialist’s responsibilities include daily processing of domestic and international collections via check and wire transfers. Additionally, this role will be responsible for analyzing receivables discrepancies and reconciling customers’ accounts back to the general ledger.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Record and post collections, credit card payments, credit memos, and other adjustments within 48 hours of receipt of the bank.
- Upload documentation related to customer deposits into IS.
- Maintain good communication and work closely with the Finance and Sales team when a customer requests credits or makes short payments over and above their terms
- Reconcile Customers’ accounts and make sure all AR accounts are cleaned and up-to-date.
- Call customers to collect on past due to balances, provide them statements and copies of invoices, researching and clear short payments, and process adjustments
- Ability to work with A/R aging and identify & manage bad debt accounts
- Process credit applications.
- Work closely with the Finance and Accounting team assisting in the weekly and month-end close accounting process Contribute to the accounting team environment in which cross functions are assumed as necessary in order to meet department deadlines and objectives
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications that an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills; high degree of professionalism in both written and verbal communication verbal and written communication skills to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and customers worldwide.
- Engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to multi-task projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrates a high level of quality work, attendance, and appearance
- Client Focus
- Business Acumen
- Embraces Change
- Proactive Communication
- Highly Organized
- Result and Solution Oriented
- Exceptionally Detail Oriented
- Strong time management
- 3+ years of experience in Wholesale Accounts Receivable
- Familiar with posting large customer checks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance highly preferred
- Proficiency in Excel (must have), Office, Word, and Outlook