The Cordoba Blog
Inspirations, announcements and other fun stuff from Cordoba Guitars!
October 27, 2014
This month, Cordoba’s Hauser
guitar was included in Guitar World
’s list of “Dream Guitars—Ten Exceptional Guitars You Wish You Owned
.” Holding its own amidst other acoustic heavy hitters, the Hauser boasts a solid Englemann spruce top and solid Indian rosewood back and sides. Handmade by a small team of luthiers in our Oxnard, California workshop, the Hauser was designed to be a replica of the original 1937 model with a few modern refinments such as a truss rod, geared tuning machines and a durable finish.
Along with its superior playability and craftsmanship, the Hauser’s price completes its dream status, coming in as the most affordable guitar of the ten.
We’re honored to be included in Guitar World’s list! You can sample the Hauser’s dreamy tones below, and be sure check out Cordoba’s full selection of exceptional Master Series guitars here
October 20, 2014
Cordoba Guitars is looking for a bright and qualified individual to fill the position of Accounts Receivable Coordinator.
Essential Job Functions
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Regular communication with CMG’s dealers which include large multi-store retail chains, e-commerce dealers, international distributors, as well as small independent retailers
- Facilitate payment of accounts via phone calls, emails and other forms of written communication to collect and negotiate various payment arrangements
- Work closely with the CMG sales team to provide dealer accounts with excellent service and timely collections on accounts receivable.
- Research chargebacks, returns, recommend solutions, and manage disputes through appropriate external customer channels and internal department communications
- Determine when account maintenance is necessary, make appropriate changes to minimize risk, facilitate sales adjustments, and drive to resolution
- The position requires a collaborative nature in working with internal and external groups of teams, and seeks to eliminate ambiguity from the external customer's viewpoint
- Requires reporting account status to management and sales team
- Follow established policies and procedures to ensure audit and internal control requirements are met
- Check new customer credit references and set credit limits and terms
- Send electronic/paper copies of invoices on a daily basis and statements on a semi-monthly basis
- Effective organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Must be results-driven and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated customer service skills and a commitment to quality excellence.
- Associates degree in Business, Accounting, or a related field with some experience in accounting, sales account management, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize work effectively while working in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to research and analyze various different types of data information
- Experience with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Experience with Sage Accpac ERP or any ERP software is preferred
For more detailed information about the position and application instructions, please click here.
October 1, 2014
As part of Uketober month, if you buy any Cordoba ukulele in the month of October, just send us your proof of purchase for a free Digital Clip-on Tuner
- Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: Uketober Free Tuner.
- Attach a scanned copy or a photo of your receipt.
- In the email, please fill out the following:
- Full Name:
- Phone Number:
- Shipping Address (sorry, no PO boxes):
This offer is only applicable to ukuleles purchased in the month of October 2014 and to customers in the USA. GP100, Guilele, and Guilele CE purchases apply! Free tuners will be fulfilled as quickly as possible, but definitely by the end of November 2014.
October 1, 2014
This month, we're celebrating all things UKE over on our Facebook page. Don't miss your chance to win a Córdoba ukulele! Here's how
: just upload a *creative & original* photo that includes a ukulele using the submission box to the right. In the photo description, use the hashtags #cordobauketober and #ukulele and mention why you love your uke.
Encourage your friends to vote for your photo because at the end of Uketober month, we'll be awarding prizes to the 3 submissions with the most votes.
First Prize: Cordoba 30T Mahogany Tenor Ukulele with Polyfoam Case ($480 retail value!
2nd Prize: 23C Ovangkol Concert Ukulele with Gig Bag ($255 retail value!)
3rd Prize: 22C Concert Ukulele with Gig Bag ($235 retail value!)
*Bonus Instagram prize: 20CM Concert Ukulele with Gig Bag ($190 retail value!) Follow us on Instagram or search #cordobauketober for more details on how to win.
Tip: we can't see your photo or video if you account is set as private!
September 18, 2014
Guitar Center's award-winning YouTube channel recently focused its spotlight on the Cordoba GK Studio Negra!
The GK Studio Negra
is the Rosewood counterpart to the GK Studio
. When we first came out with the GK Studio in 2009, we were surprised and thrilled to see how many different types of players gravitated towards it. Our original intent was to design an accessible flamenco guitar in the style of what the Gipsy Kings were playing ("GK", get it?). We made the body slightly thinner, used a 50mm nut width, incorporated a soft cutaway and a Fishman pickup and used the traditional flamenco combination of spruce and cypress. It turned out to be the perfect recipe for one of the most comfortable and versatile guitars any of us had ever played. Fast forward to 2014, and the GK family has grown to include a rosewood option (GK Studio Negra), along with all-solid upgraded versions (GK Pro, Pro Negra, & most recently, the GK Pro Maple). In 2015, we plan to expand our line to include limited editions with exotic back/side woods. Stay tuned and let us know what you think of the GK series in the comments below!
September 17, 2014
In any other circumstance, we would be so excited to promote and be a part of not only an amazing night of music (seriously, look at that line-up!), but a chance to win a GK Studio. However, in this case, it's a little more complicated than that. Earlier this month, we found out that one of our friends tragically lost her beagle, Jackson, after several rounds of emergency surgeries. Earlier this summer, Jackson was a completely healthy 7-year old dog with the sweestest, almost healing disposition. Rescued from a life of depravity and neglect, he was one of those puppies who soaked up every ounce of love that his "fur-ever" family provided. When Jackson started showing mysterious signs of pain last month, he was mis-diagnosed with a disk disease, and after 2 complicated surgeries and 8 days in intesive care, his little heart stopped. Upon further investigation, it was determined that he most likely had Foxtail.
Here at Cordoba, our four-legged friends are near and dear to our hearts so we jumped at the chance to help Jackson's family out with their vet debt and spread awareness of Foxtail, a sneaky, dangerous and infectious plant that can work its way into a cat or dog through the nose, or inbetween toes and inside the ears, eyes and/or mouth.
If you empathize with Jackson's family, please consider making a donation (anything helps!) in his memory or even better, if you are in LA, come join us at El Cid on September 24 at 7:30pm for an awesome celebration of man's best friend and music.
Click here to read the full story, make a donation, enter the raffle to win 1 of 3 guitars, and/or buy a ticket to the show.
September 16, 2014
Cordoba is seeking a talented and energetic individual to fill the position of Digital Marketing Coordinator
. This individual will work at the corporate office in Santa Monica, CA. As a Digital Marketing Coordinator, you’ll develop and execute B2B and B2C campaigns to effectively and strategically communicate with the Cordoba and Guild global communities. You will work with the Marketing Director and team on maintaining and executing a dynamic content calendar for both brands. Responsibilities include email campaigns, social media pushes, blogging, testing & strategizing for optimization, and planning for timely deliveries. This exciting role is an integral part of Cordoba Music Group’s growing Marketing department and will involve collaboration with Sales, Product Management, Artist Relations and Customer Service.
For more information about this job opportunity, please check out our careers page
September 8, 2014
We hope you enjoy this new performance from our favorite Italian guitar duo, The Bruskers. This piece is called "Arirang" and it is an original composition for "Time After Time 05", a collection of traditional Korean folk songs. "Time After Time 05" is dedicted to the memory of the victims of the Sewol sinking on April 16, 2014 and features many artists from all over the world. For more information about The Bruskers and this project, please visit http://www.bruskers.com/.
September 4, 2014
Hardly Strictly Classical is proud to present Dúo del Sol at the Ann and Jerry Moss Theater on Saturday, September 13th at 7:30pm!
Cordoba artists, Dúo del Sol are known for their highly provocative instrumental soundscapes as well as their heartfelt songwriting. These “avant-sonic acrobats” offer a musical experience like no other! Their performance at the Moss Theatre will feature choreography by Roni Blak of Blak & Blue Dance Project along with guest appearances by opera superstar Janai Brugger and legendary pianist and composer Starr Parodi.
If you'd like more information on this show or Dúo del Sol, please visit www.duodelsol.com
. Information about the Ann and Jerry Moss Theater can be found at www.mosstheater.com
Hardly Strictly Classical is a concert series with internationally acclaimed artists and local musicians presented at the Ann and Jerry Moss Theater in the Herb Alpert Educational Village, 3131 Olympic Boulevard, Santa Monica. This concert series is inspired by San Francisco's Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, founded by philanthropist and musician Warren Hellman. Hardly Strictly Classical is presented by Sarah Coade Mandell and Peter Mandell, in partnership with the Coalition for Engaged Education.
August 5, 2014
...and one more cover by Ben Woods on the 55FCE Negra Ltd
. just for fun! This time Ben shares an electrifying cover of Megadeth's "Holy Wars."
If you like what Ben does on a nylon string guitar, you could give it a shot yourself! Here's a link to view Ben's tutorial on Heavy Metal Flamental/Flamenco technique.