The Cordoba Blog
Inspirations, announcements and other fun stuff from Cordoba Guitars!
December 29, 2014
Guitarist M. Ward, perhaps most well known as one half of indie duo She and Him, stopped by KCRW last week to perform a song from his 2005 album Transistor Radio
. He played the tune "Hi-Fi" on his Cordoba Solista CE, whose warm, rich and melodic tone is perfect for Ward's brooding song.
Watch the full performance below! And learn more about the Solista CE on our website
December 19, 2014
Cordoba recently sponsered Ukulele Magazine's second annual Holly Jolly Ukulele Contest and the winners were announced today! Congratulations to ensemble winners Foggy Otis, who performed an original Christmas tune called "Feels Like Christmas" and solo winner Francis O'Keefe, who reinvisioned the holiday classic "Feliz Navidad" by adding some beat-boxing to his ukulele cover.
Foggy Otis will be receiving a Cordoba 35T-CE, and Francis will soon be the proud owner of a Cordoba 23T!
You can watch the winning videos below, and check out all of the entries at Ukulelemag.com.
December 17, 2014
Los Angeles-based band Dúo del Sol
recently set out on a tour of the Midwest. Despite playing eight shows in a little over a week, the duo, comprised of violinist Javier Orman and guitarist Tom Farrell, managed to find some spare time to shoot a video for their most recent single "La Ciudad." Recorded solely on their iPhones, the video is filmed on Chicago's L train and features Tom on his Cordoba GK Pro.
Check out the video below!
More on the Cordoba GK Pro on our website
December 2, 2014
Now that it's officially December, it's time to start gearing up for the holidays! Whether you're still recovering from a weekend full of traveling and turkey eating, or you're checking off all of the people you bought gifts for over the weekend, why not set your day to a soundtrack of festive holiday music--featuring Andrew Allen, his Cordoba 30T Ukelele
, and the Christmas classic "Baby It's Cold Outside." Besides, now that were only 23 days away from Christmas (but who's counting?), holiday music is totally acceptable.
May this video help get you in the holiday spirit--and maybe give you some gift-inspiration
November 10, 2014
Looking for a little holiday shopping inspiration? Head on over to Guitar World
and check out their latest article, "12 Brilliant Acoustic Guitars for Under $500
," featuring none other than the Cordoba C5-CEBK. With its solid Canadian cedar top, mahogany back and sides, and Fishman Isys+ 2band pickup system, the C5-CEBK is perfect for gigging and recording—
You can find more affordable holiday options in our Iberia series here
November 5, 2014
The sun is setting earlier, there’s a distinctive chill in the air—and that can mean only one thing: Uketober is over and the contest results are in!
Our first place winner is Gerardo G. from Chicago, who shared this adorable picture of his daughter with his ukulele. Gerardo’s excited to start teaching his daughter to play music, but he might need to wait a bit longer until that uke is only half her size. Congratulations, Gerardo, you’ll be receiving a Cordoba 30T Mahogony Tenor Ukelele with a polyfoam case!
Our second place winner, Caterina M., hails all the way from Italy. We hope you take the 23C Ovangkol Concert Ukelele we’re sending your way to some of those beautiful Italian sights.
Continuing the theme of music education is our third place winner, Robert G. from Michigan. Maybe he’ll use his new 22 Concert Ukelele to start a family jam band?
Rounding out the group is our fourth place Instagram winner, recording artist Andrew A. from California. We’d better see you playing that 20CM in some of your upcoming shows, Andrew!
Thank you to all of our Uketober Photo Contest participants, we really enjoyed looking at all of your pictures! Make sure to keep an eye on our Facebook
for more promotions and chances to win Cordoba gear.
October 27, 2014
This month, Cordoba’s Hauser
guitar was included in Guitar World
’s list of “Dream Guitars—Ten Exceptional Guitars You Wish You Owned
.” Holding its own amidst other acoustic heavy hitters, the Hauser boasts a solid Englemann spruce top and solid Indian rosewood back and sides. Handmade by a small team of luthiers in our Oxnard, California workshop, the Hauser was designed to be a replica of the original 1937 model with a few modern refinments such as a truss rod, geared tuning machines and a durable finish.
Along with its superior playability and craftsmanship, the Hauser’s price completes its dream status, coming in as the most affordable guitar of the ten.
We’re honored to be included in Guitar World’s list! You can sample the Hauser’s dreamy tones below, and be sure check out Cordoba’s full selection of exceptional Master Series guitars here
October 20, 2014
Cordoba Guitars is looking for a bright and qualified individual to fill the position of Accounts Receivable Coordinator.
Essential Job Functions
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Regular communication with CMG’s dealers which include large multi-store retail chains, e-commerce dealers, international distributors, as well as small independent retailers
- Facilitate payment of accounts via phone calls, emails and other forms of written communication to collect and negotiate various payment arrangements
- Work closely with the CMG sales team to provide dealer accounts with excellent service and timely collections on accounts receivable.
- Research chargebacks, returns, recommend solutions, and manage disputes through appropriate external customer channels and internal department communications
- Determine when account maintenance is necessary, make appropriate changes to minimize risk, facilitate sales adjustments, and drive to resolution
- The position requires a collaborative nature in working with internal and external groups of teams, and seeks to eliminate ambiguity from the external customer's viewpoint
- Requires reporting account status to management and sales team
- Follow established policies and procedures to ensure audit and internal control requirements are met
- Check new customer credit references and set credit limits and terms
- Send electronic/paper copies of invoices on a daily basis and statements on a semi-monthly basis
- Effective organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Must be results-driven and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated customer service skills and a commitment to quality excellence.
- Associates degree in Business, Accounting, or a related field with some experience in accounting, sales account management, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize work effectively while working in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to research and analyze various different types of data information
- Experience with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Experience with Sage Accpac ERP or any ERP software is preferred
For more detailed information about the position and application instructions, please click here.
October 1, 2014
As part of Uketober month, if you buy any Cordoba ukulele in the month of October, just send us your proof of purchase for a free Digital Clip-on Tuner
- Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: Uketober Free Tuner.
- Attach a scanned copy or a photo of your receipt.
- In the email, please fill out the following:
- Full Name:
- Phone Number:
- Shipping Address (sorry, no PO boxes):
This offer is only applicable to ukuleles purchased in the month of October 2014 and to customers in the USA. GP100, Guilele, and Guilele CE purchases apply! Free tuners will be fulfilled as quickly as possible, but definitely by the end of November 2014.
October 1, 2014
This month, we're celebrating all things UKE over on our Facebook page. Don't miss your chance to win a Córdoba ukulele! Here's how
: just upload a *creative & original* photo that includes a ukulele using the submission box to the right. In the photo description, use the hashtags #cordobauketober and #ukulele and mention why you love your uke.
Encourage your friends to vote for your photo because at the end of Uketober month, we'll be awarding prizes to the 3 submissions with the most votes.
First Prize: Cordoba 30T Mahogany Tenor Ukulele with Polyfoam Case ($480 retail value!
2nd Prize: 23C Ovangkol Concert Ukulele with Gig Bag ($255 retail value!)
3rd Prize: 22C Concert Ukulele with Gig Bag ($235 retail value!)
*Bonus Instagram prize: 20CM Concert Ukulele with Gig Bag ($190 retail value!) Follow us on Instagram or search #cordobauketober for more details on how to win.
Tip: we can't see your photo or video if you account is set as private!